Tag Archives: sitecore EXM


Issue when installing Sitecore EXM with different index name

Had an issue earlier today when trying to install EXM 3.2.0 rev. 151020 to Sitecore 8.1 rev 151003

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Could not find add method: AddIndex (type: Sitecore.ContentSearch.ContentSearchConfiguration)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Sitecore.Exceptions.RequiredObjectIsNullException: Could not find add method: AddIndex (type: Sitecore.ContentSearch.ContentSearchConfiguration)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[RequiredObjectIsNullException: Could not find add method: AddIndex (type: Sitecore.ContentSearch.ContentSearchConfiguration)]
Sitecore.Configuration.Factory.AssignProperties(Object obj, Object[] properties) +1920
Sitecore.Configuration.Factory.AssignProperties(XmlNode configNode, String[] parameters, Object obj, Boolean assert, Boolean deferred, IFactoryHelper helper) +643
Sitecore.Configuration.Factory.CreateObject(XmlNode configNode, String[] parameters, Boolean assert, IFactoryHelper helper) +275
Sitecore.Configuration.Factory.CreateObject(String configPath, String[] parameters, Boolean assert) +579
Sitecore.ContentSearch.ContentSearchManager.get_SearchConfiguration() +266
Sitecore.ContentSearch.SolrProvider.SolrContentSearchManager.get_Cores() +92
Sitecore.ContentSearch.SolrProvider.CastleWindsorIntegration.WindsorSolrStartUp.Initialize() +44

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not find add method: AddIndex (type: Sitecore.ContentSearch.ContentSearchConfiguration)]
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +544
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +186
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +402
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +343

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not find add method: AddIndex (type: Sitecore.ContentSearch.ContentSearchConfiguration)]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +579
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +112
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +712

The error message is a bit misleading as it turns out after looking into the Sitecore.EmailExperience.ContentManagement.config file, one of the index was referring to sitecore_suggested_test_index index which doesn’t exist (I’ve renamed it to something else as I was running multiple sitecore instances in my local machine).

There’s also a reference to sitecore_master_index in Sitecore.EmailExperience.Core.config file.

Rename those indexes to an existing indexes then you’ll be fine.

Hope this helps.

Sitecore ECM the remote name could not be resolved: ‘example.host’

Got an error when a user submits a form built using the WFFM. After narrowing it down I found that it has something to do with having to set the save action to send an email.

Here’s the following error:

Exception: System.Net.WebException
Message: The remote name could not be resolved: ‘example.host’
Source: System
at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

If you got an error like that, go to /sitecore/system/Modules/Web Forms for Marketers/Settings/Actions/Save Actions/Send Email Message and change the parameters field to the correct SMTP details.

For me I need to changed it to the following to make it works

Also I found a useful tool to check email in your local machine, if you don’t need to setup an actual SMTP server and just need to test simple email functionality try using papercut.codeplex.com