Category Archives: Issues & Resolution

Sitecore – JqueryModalDialogs error when opening popup modal

I got an issue when trying to open a modal popup when logged in to Sitecore

Error when trying to show popup modal dialog
Error when trying to show popup modal dialog

The site has just been setup in IIS, the server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 and it’s using Sitecore 7.2. The strange thing is that there’s another site that’s running under the same Sitecore version and the issue does not happen over there.

I got a clue after opening the ApplicationHost.config file on system32inetsrvconfig and it turns out that on the other site the UrlScan 3.1 was removed from the ISAPI Filters. After i do that the new site runs smoothly as well.

Sitecore breaks when upgrading to .NET 4.5

Was playing around with Sitecore 6.5.0 rev. 120427 and .NET 4.5, first thing that happen is I got this error.

it seems that this has been fixed in Sitecore CMS 6.5.0 rev. 120706 (6.5.0 Update-5), but for those who want to  do workaround for it, here’s what you can do.

add this line to the web.config

Issue with getting database via Sitecore API

i’ve spend the last couple hours trying to figure out what’s wrong with my code. I was trying something simple, getting an item from the Sitecore Web database. Which turns out not so simple after all, frequently i cannot retrieve any field values from the item that i retrieved.

After a long time trying out different things, renaming the section, rename the item name, change the template, change the content tree structure, checkout if any custom pipeline might be the isssue…

It turns out that this line of code -which looks ok at first glance- has an issue

in other area of the software that we develop we were using this code to get the database instead

it turns out that those two ways of getting the database instance is totally different from what i originally thought.

By using the constructor approach we only create an empty database object while using the latter approach it will build the database instance with all of the configuration values within the config file via reflection.

thanks to this Stackoverflow post my misery has ended.